1.18.2013

And so it has begun...

What has begun, you ask?

Valentine's Day

Thanks KGB Deals... maybe I'll buy some flowers for myself this year!
The day single women and all men dread - but both for very different reasons. So imagine my disappointment when I open this lovely email offer. 

Ummm - KGB Deals, I don't have a sweetheart (yet) and if I did I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want me to send HIM flowers. (If he did, we might have a whole other problem, but I digress).

These kinds of things usually don't bother me - and if I'm being REALLY honest it doesn't bother me right now. What bothers me is that I've kind of been seeing this guy. He's really nice, funny, smart, handsome... .

WAIT FOR IT

wait for it

B U T (there it is)

But he's got it in his head that I want him to spend money on me. Okay gals, before I start getting hate mail. I'm not the kind of woman that measures love by how pretty and shiny and expensive the last gift or dinner you bought me was/is. However, this guy has clearly been burned in the past. 

A snippet of our conversation that brought me to this conclusion:

Me: Riddle me this, Batman. When are you going to ask me out again?                (aren't I cute when I'm trying to flirt?)
Him: I can't answer that until tomorrow          (in the interest of full disclosure he's having some vehicle issues that he needs to take care of and are costing him a large chunk of money out of pocket)
Me: Because??
Him: (info about the aforementioned vehicle issues)
Me: Ok
Him: I'm stressed. Your repeated request for me to take you out is kind of demanding and honestly, I haven't had a girl be like that since my ex... kind of upsetting. 
Me: (screaming in my head) WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?

After further discussion, it comes out that the way I've phrased the question implies that I want him to take me out and spend money on me. When I think that all I'm asking is "When do I get to sit down and spend time with you?".

Now, if you are one of the 5 loyal followers, you know - I'm crazy. I want to be "the girl". I don't want to be the one that has to continually make plans. I don't want to be the one that makes stuff happen. I do that in my day job. Why in the hell would I want to do that in my personal time?

So I decided I wouldn't ask anymore.  (Remember how I told you I was crazy, right?)

Okay, so maybe it's not so "green" over here on the (almost) couple-dom side of the grass either. Stupid grass.


No comments: