I have learned today that my tires are magically attracted to nails. I've also learned that if I take a little extra time in the morning I'll get all sorts of compliments on my appearance. Which generally isn't usually that important to me but today it has been unreal. Guess having a good hair day and topping it off with good makeup and a smile really does make a difference. I really probably *knew* that before but it was a really nice reminder.
You see people from all walks of life in Vegas and all walking along the strip there. It can be very eye opening because it isn't just Americans from all walks of life but people from all over the world.
Enjoy your next steps, whether it is college or a first job - these are the experiences that continue to mold you into the adult you will become. Have fun because the entire rest of your life will be there for responsibility - do the things you HAVE to do but make sure you have fun in the process.
1. Go to college. I know it isn't for everyone but the people you meet, the things you learn and the experiences you have are all things no one can ever take away from you.
2. Travel. Go to a foreign country, state or EVEN city! It is important to see how other people live and learn about their culture. It will give you a greater understanding of your own and a better appreciation for the people around you.
3. Fall in love. It is the most wonderful feeling. It too, will change you forever.
4. Learn from your experiences. You are no better off for having experiences if you don't take the opportunity to learn from them. For better or for worse.
5. Make mistakes - that is the only way to get better judgment.
6. Be kind, caring and compassionate as much as possible. You never know when you will need to have those things in return.
7. Recycle! We need this earth for years to come and it is our responsibility to take care of it.
8. Read books - you don't want to meet the love of your life, your new boss, or the President of the United States and not be able to carry on an intelligent conversation, right?
9. Enjoy the outdoors. A nice sunny, breezy fun day is just the "pick me up" you may need for motivation to do just about anything.
10. Cherish your family and friends. You will be going through a lot of changes in the coming years and they won't be around forever, so make sure you spend as much time with them as possible and always show them how much you care.
Being truly in love makes all the crap you deal with in relationships worth it. The excitement and anticipation of being with them, seeing them, spending time with them - makes you view the world in an entirely different way. For me, it has been a life changing experience for the better. I had so much fun, so many unique experiences and have been able to be more myself than with anyone else before. I am the person today because of the people I've loved and lost. And I kick ass so why would I want to change it...
Midnight at the Oasis....
I meditate in order to relax. If a hammock is available and there is a nice breeze that is the best (since I don't live close to the beach). Otherwise, every night when I'm winding down from the day and getting ready to go to bed, I use the "lottery scenario" and think about what I would do if I won the lottery. Vacations, houses, cars, furniture, family, etc... I find that it puts me in the right frame of mind for a good night's sleep and when I take the time to relax I have better dreams.