11.15.2011

And you thought you were going to get fired...

Well, maybe not fired but definitely a disappointed reprimand. 


Instead, I got a "Good Job" - which is as close to singing praises as the big boss (Mr. Boss) gets. Which is why I'm devoting an entire blog post to it!


You see, the last few months I've been distracted by health, death, stress and new job opportunities to the point that I've kind of been phoning it in... everywhereNow some of the things I should've had a better handle on are catching up with me. Today was one of those days (or so I thought).

Part of my day job is to manage a couple of websites, earlier this summer we decided to revamp the main one. A consultant / web developer came in and all was well, we got a proposal and contract and then it was my job to get work with them on design and content. Needless to say, I hadn't gotten as far along as I should have been. Now 4 months later, we have a project update. I'm going to be crucified, but I put on my big girl panties and decided to own up to my failure

We have the meeting, Mr. Boss HATES the demo website - and he begins to crucify the consultant. I try to take some responsibility but Mr. Boss won't let me. I walk out completely unscathed. 

To top it off, I scurry back to my office to figure out how I got out so easy and Mr. Boss walks in and says "Good Job". Seriously? You could've knocked me over with a feather. 

So here I sit - dumbfounded, happy and revamped. Until I realize that now I really can't let him down!

No comments: