10.26.2011

Blessed to be stressed

This phrase came up last week during a meeting (that went well into the 5 o'clock hour) and it's been haunting me ever since.


I know realize there are a lot of people out of work but just because you have a job - should you really be THAT stressed, furthermore - is it a blessing? Out of work people are stressed (arguably more than the employed) but does that mean the employed should count that crazywantopullmyhairoutifsomeoneemailsmeonemorestupidquestion stress as a blessing? 


I'm all for being grateful, but seriously! 


It reminds me of the line from Dazed and Confused when Randall "Pink" shares (in a drunken stupor if I remember correctly): All I'm saying is that if I ever start referring to these as the best years of my life - remind me to kill myself. 


I won't go that far, but regardless of where we are in life we all have days where it's difficult to keep perspective. 


But here we sit, blessed honestly wherever we are in life because that mean's we're alive. This year has reminded me of the importance of being grateful for friends  family, co-workers, strangers, and this whole big crazy world because in the blink of an eye - it could all be taken away. 


So bring on the stress of work, the stress of family, the stress of simply converting oxygen into carbon dioxide - I'm grateful for all of it & I wouldn't have it ANY OTHER WAY!

No comments: