10.25.2011

No one asked for your opinion...

This is true!


Why doesn't she just SHUT UP?!?
It could be that instead of meaning white wave "Jennifer" actually means talks too much or is disruptive - kind of like a white wave but far less peaceful.


I have a bad habit of cutting people off in the middle of stories or statements and inserting what I think they're going to say. Apparently, this habit is viewed as an action that is NOT very polite. Luckily, I have great friends who (even though it may crush my world) are around to help make me a better person. So "allowing people to finish their thoughts" has gone onto the Qualities I Want/Need List.


It's also come to my attention that the phrases I know and I'm fine appear a little too often in my repertoire. I know because I usually do (apparently it's not bad to know - it's just bad to tell people). I'm fine because, I'm a woman and that's what we say when we don't want to get into whatever the situation that's pissing us off happens to be. 


So now the Qualities I Want/Need List looks a little longer after this week and consists of the following:

  1. Self control to shut the f*&^ up for the sake of others - even if I think I know what they are going to say.
  2. Better control over what comes out of my mouth when #1 doesn't work
  3. Be more grateful that I have friends who care enough to say something in an effort to make me a better person.
So far I've successfully removed the "ums" and "ahs" from my vocabulary - here's hoping I can attack these things are just as easy to "fix".

No comments: