7.30.2009

I could do without smell for a year

If I had to go without one of my senses for a year I would have to pick my sense of smell because I think it might be the easiest to deal with losing. The worst part about it would be not being able to taste some foods to the fullest extent but that might help me lose a few lbs so that wouldn't be too bad.

Currently, I have a very heightened sense of smell and sometimes it can be annoying. I actually can smell illness on people. If someone wears too much cologne or perfume it is often intensified to the point that it makes me nauseous so I have to think that perhaps in those arenas ignorance is bliss and losing my sense of smell might not be too bad.

Although I'm sure if I did get it back after a year I would have missed it dearly.

No comments: