10.12.2013

Fake it til you make it

We've all been there. Maybe a little nervous about a meeting or new experience... In my line of work, there's always a little pit in my stomach about going to an event and meeting a ton of new people - and it's MY JOB! I've been doing it for so long, you'd think I would be long over it by now - but people are unpredictable. Maybe that's why the nerves get going. 

At any rate, I thought this little lion kitty was a great image to illustrate the importance of faking it until you make it.


There are some things you shouldn't fake (am I right, ladies?) but when it comes to traits you feel like you need for success: Courage, Image, a Sunny & Bright Disposition. Those things don't happen for all of us overnight. 


  • Could you be depressed because you aren't telling yourself that you're happy? 
  • Are you alone because you keep telling yourself that you don't deserve someone? 
  • Are you missing out on a promotion at work because you "could never say your idea in front of all of those people" or to your "a-hole of a boss"? 


We hold ourselves back with our self-fulfilling prophecies. What if you started telling yourself that you are happy and you chose to focus on all of the wonderful things in your life? Day after day, focusing on and making the choice to be happy would get easier and easier - until one day you aren't faking it anymore. 

Imagine that!

I guess that's probably what professionals (or people much smarter than me) call building healthy habits. 

Ask yourself: Are Courage, my Image and a Sunny & Bright Disposition habits? 

Maybe, maybe not - but they sure as hell are comfort zones and comfort zones breed habits.

What new habits are you going to start breeding when you let go your fear of change?

No comments: