2.03.2012

Finally Sunny!



For those of you that don't know, my favorite color is yellow. It reminds me of bring sunny beautiful days of outside wonderment and joy. I can't look at yellow and be sad. 

So it warms my heart to be able to share that I finally got a new car! 

Bonus: it's yellow!
His name is Sunny Atreyu

He is not exactly what I wanted or even what I was looking for, but if you've ever looked for a car and had some financial difficulties - you learn to curb your expectations. 

Sunny is cute, fun and I think he'll be brave and adventurous - which is where his middle name comes into play. Sunny is a Chevy Aveo and while I telling a friend what type of car he was, the name Atreyu (instead of Aveo) jumped out of my mouth. Then I remembered how much I loved The Neverending Story when I was a kid and I just couldn't let my Sunny go without a middle name. In the movie, Atreyu was handsome, brave, adventurous and reliable. I think Sunny will fit all of those qualities and more. 

So now comes that amazing time where I have to learn all the new fun and funky quirks about Sunny A. I already learned that I don't have to shift him, but old habits die hard. I also haven't gotten the seat quite right and since I don't have to shift, I'm having a helluva time deciding what to do with my hands (yes they are on the wheel but where?). 

All in all, you'll be able to see us coming a mile away. He was made in America (go U.S. Manufacturing!) and he fits my personality. Win! Win! Win!

By the way, my niece thinks he's "handsome" :)

No comments: