7.29.2015

Simply the Best

It's my second day in a row to post! Not a record, but YAY I'm back for another day (don't worry I'll only celebrate for a few more days).

Today's prompt courtesy of www.dailypost.wordpress.com is:
NASA is building a new Voyager spacecraft that will carry the best of modern human culture. What belongs onboard?
I prefer to answer this in list format (because I love lists!) and in no particular order:
Paderno World Cuisine Rouet Spiral Slicer

  • cheese
  • spiral veggie cutter (because seriously, who doesn't love noodle veggies?)
  • microwave (hopefully, whoever finds it will have electricity)
  • refrigerator
  • air conditioner / heater
  • indoor plumbing & shower
  • music player (be it a cd or mp3 player)
  • crop irrigation system
  • sewing machine
  • industrial manufacturing machines
  • dry erase markers
  • velcro
  • sleep machine
  • books
Okay, WiFi is pretty important too!
Ok - I don't want to make an exhaustive list because I don't know how big this spacecraft is. I love technology, but I don't think that it's necessarily the "best" of modern human culture. While it makes information more accessible and daily life easier - I feel lucky for some of the "given" things we take for granted (indoor plumbing, temperature regulators, mass manufacturing technology). While I could (and did) go without a phone / smartphone in my pocket, I don't think I would last too long in a world where I had to go outside and dig a hole to relieve myself. Plus technology fails - books are forever :)



What would you add or remove? 



No comments: