9.23.2013

The road to hell is paved with good intentions

I was taught that it is always better to tell the truth (it will set you free, so to speak). Recently (pretty much daily) I'm reminded, the truth doesn't always set you free - sometimes it restricts and punishes you.


Don't get me wrong - I'm still advocating for the truth! But sometimes I wish doing the right thing as an adult was as easy and arbitrary as when I was a kid. Yes, I'd much rather be able to sleep at night knowing I did the right thing, but now I'm in the throws of an all out extreme pissing match. Fun to watch (if you're a masochist), terrible to live!

Bottom line: Doing the right thing is always the right choice - even if your situation SUCKS worse after all is said & done. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel instead of handcuffs, fire & brimstone.


No comments: