5.15.2013

The Blazing Race

The Amazing Blazing Race - or at least that's how we do it where I work. 


The Slimsons BEFORE photo :)
Today, along with a couple of coworkers, I competed in a scavenger hunt of sorts all over the university where I'm employed.  In an effort to become less fat-tastic, I have tried to become more active - which goes really well with this Slimdown Competition work is hosting. Our team, The Slimsons, is working on getting into our skinny jeans and this race was part of the goal.

We chose the low impact route and DAMN I'm out of shape! (Like it was that big of a surprise!) 


As we went along though, I realized a couple of things:


  1. When you're too fat, your back hurts BAD when you walk.
  2. The more active you are, the better you feel. DUH
  3. My coworkers are really fun people (I kind of already knew that...)
  4. This campus is HUGE (and yes, I realize "That's what she said")
  5. I don't care what that stupid piece of paper said - we walked more than 1.14 miles!
My encouragement to you today is to get out there and walk or run or bike or whatever you do to be active. Looking down at the scale and tipping it to the highest you've ever seen it with your two feet standing on top is not a happy place, friends! 

Remember: Fitness is FUN!

No comments: