|The Slimsons BEFORE photo :)|
We chose the low impact route and DAMN I'm out of shape! (Like it was that big of a surprise!)
As we went along though, I realized a couple of things:
- When you're too fat, your back hurts BAD when you walk.
- The more active you are, the better you feel. DUH
- My coworkers are really fun people (I kind of already knew that...)
- This campus is HUGE (and yes, I realize "That's what she said")
- I don't care what that stupid piece of paper said - we walked more than 1.14 miles!
My encouragement to you today is to get out there and walk or run or bike or whatever you do to be active. Looking down at the scale and tipping it to the highest you've ever seen it with your two feet standing on top is not a happy place, friends!
Remember: Fitness is FUN!