8.01.2009

I wish I'd gone away for college

I feel like missed out on the whole going away to college experience and I kind of wish (looking back now) that I'd taken a different route. I don't regret it or anything like that but I think had I gone away to college I might have stuck with it in the beginning for longer. Being able to be at home and have my life not change all that much was too easy.

That being said - I had some really amazing experiences going down the path I chose and I may not have had if I'd gone away to school. Hell one of them, I would have still BEEN in school so I know that wouldn't have happened.

If I ever have children, one thing I will encourage them to do is to go away for school - even if it doesn't work out in the end. From what I've seen, the experience really is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see what you are made of at a young age and have some fun along the way.

No comments: